Everything we do affects us all

June 28, 2018

Idea for Newspaper Payment Plan

Idea for Newspaper Payment Plan

I am a news junkie. In the old days I was the ultimate profit source for Newspapers. I would go to news stands and buy 3 papers a day and vary my choice each day. But there are no more news-stands except in some large cities. I know that all news outlets are suffering financially, so here's an idea for becoming more profitable.

People like me want to read a large variety of news sources and subscribing to all of them is impossible unless a person is wealthy (I'm not). So, I wish that all for-pay publications would let the reader register with a credit card without subscribing. Then when we want to purchase access to an article we would be billed just for that. Perhaps this model would work best if there was a minimum $5 charge to read 10 articles for example.

I would spend a minimum of $100 a year if I had access to such a plan and I really believe this would dramatically raise revenue for the industry.


No comments:

Post a Comment